boobs

My Photo
stars and planets, thrift and vintage, friends and lovers, insides outsides. further musings contemplated on my Instagram: remeez

Follow by Email

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Diamond in the Fluff


 photo IMG_1757copy_zps55c68add.jpg  photo IMG_1761_zps28a2c79a.jpg  photo IMG_1786_zps180fb36c.jpg  photo IMG_1781_zpsfca6a9b4.jpg  photo IMG_1767_zps5e9f5ec2.jpg  photo IMG_1766_zps5d658e36.jpg  photo IMG_1821copy_zpsa0037709.jpg  photo IMG_1815_zps6699a20d.jpg  photo IMG_1758_zpse1586238.jpg  photo IMG_1769_zps63402978.jpg  photo IMG_1819copy_zps0e0d3a38.jpg
Top: Fine Line, Trousers: Nasty Gal, Booties: Jeffrey Campbell, Coat: Marc by Marc Jacobs, Glasses: Nasty Gal

Hay hay, y’all!  Woke up this morning in my hometown of Austin, Texas.  I flew in last night and bee-lined for Magnolia CafĂ©—their gingerbread pancakes are to DIE for…. not that I can eat pancakes...  but I can eat hippie-inspired tex-mex! That’s what’s up.  Actually, that’s sort of generally what’s up in my beloved birthplace: a metaphorical amalgamation of salsa, barbecue, and kale.  Et Voilá: Austin.


Things on my to-do list while I’m here:
-Tarot reading from the lady with the enormous crystals and dream catchers in her mobile home.
-Guero’s. Because their chili con queso is on point (understatement) and their homemade corn tortillas are straight up ridiculous.
-Two-stepping at the Broken Spoke—NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH LINE DANCING. What do you think this is, Nashville?  Leave that Top 40 country nonsense to those other southern states.  I’ll take Asleep at the Wheel on a Thursday night with a room full of cowboys asking me to dance and calling me Sugar, thank you very much. 

Then it’s off to my Grandma and Grandpa’s for a four-day marathon of cattle pastures, wild horses, Grandma’s tortillas, Uncle Michael talking earnestly about pushing a cow’s vagina back in after she birthed a calf (true story), and Telemundo till the break uh dawn.  And football. Lots of football. In other words: the good life. 

Does it beat a life of bling pants and fancy fluffy wearables? Warm afternoons on an LA rooftop overlooking Pershing Square? Luckily for me, I don’t have to choose.  Diamonds in the fluff on a Monday, honky tonks and brisket on a Thursday.

Thank you thank you to my dear beloved Alex Baldwin for crawling through a construction zone with me to snap these shots, and to the lovely Lindsey Becker for coming along to offer moral support.  Yous are the best!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! You look so chic and pretty :) I like your top with those jeans. And that jacket is amazing.

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD! I love it there and I've never been. All my best friends are from Texas. Dat oufit, das wasup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg ur style is pretty awesome! Very creative! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Coat!!!

    Happy Holidays <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these are the best photos I've seen for month! Your so cool! Love the caot! xx

    http://kimsophi.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit!)Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know in my blog. xoxo
    http://www.elationofcreation.com/

    ReplyDelete