boobs

My Photo
stars and planets, thrift and vintage, friends and lovers, insides outsides. further musings contemplated on my Instagram: remeez

Follow by Email

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Dog Days


 photo IMG_1364copy_zps20307a1a.jpg  photo IMG_1415_zps4fa198ad.jpg  photo Untitled-2_zps7dce6873.jpg  photo IMG_1397_zpsd31ddc2d.jpg  photo IMG_1375_zpsd0d855e2.jpg  photo Untitled-1_zps25e54cee.jpg  photo IMG_1421copy_zps4066cfe3.jpg  photo IMG_1439_zpsfba9d2a8.jpg  photo IMG_1356_zpse57bff6a.jpg
Top: Vintage clothing swap gem
Shorts: Old truncated jeans
Hat: Nasty Gal
Necklace: Crossroads
Bracelet: Vintage hand-me-down gift from my good friends John and Kayla
Shoes: Steve Madden via Nasty Gal
Bag: 2nd hand from Sola Lucy (for all you North Bay-ers)

Honestly, how cute is this dog??  This is basically the cutest dog in Los Feliz, possibly in Los Angeles county. He kept dropping his little toy on the ground so we'd have to (have to, obviously), go back over and pick it up for him. This went on for a good five minutes, but he made it worth our while:  in return he made sure to warn us via pout-inspired growl-nips of any (rude) strange-os threatening to interrupt our photo shoot.  Talk about a quality guard dog.

Anyway, in non-dog news, the dog days of 2013 in LA are turning out to be a TOTAL SHAM. That's right, I said it.  High of 73 mid-August??  I want my money back, plus a consolation prize... like a boat or something... a zoo pass, or whatever.  With so much ire toward the weather, ie the general atmosphere by which one is constantly, enduringly, ceaselessly surrounded, I'm not sure how this shoot turned out looking so romantic. Probably because nothing inspires romance like deep, passionate longing, and I am deeply and passionately longing for a real summer that doesn't involve my car heater AT ALL.

I will say, however, that I did manage to spend an entire day alternating between a swimming pool and really bad (aka really good) reality TV with two of my best friends. Yes. Twelve consecutive hours split between the pool and the couch; that's what summer was created for... Bridezilla and Honey Boo Boo.  Just thinking about it's got me feeling more romantic already (it's funny cause it's true).

Special thank you to my lovely roommate Lily Hall for these shots!!  She just won best actress at the San Diego AND LA film festivals.  I'm adding her name here for future celebrity cred when she gets famous and takes over Hollywood. I knew her when...

11 comments:

  1. gorgeous photos!! i love them.


    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i love your entire outfits...glad i followed your blog since long time ago..

    xoxo
    margareta vania
    asian fashion beauty blogger

    drop your comment on mine if you like ;)
    http://margaretavania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. There you are! Looking lovely as always. And the doggy, is cute too. Sometimes they melt my heart, other times they just give me asthma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful pics! as always, i love your outfit, especially the shirt! and yeah, that dog is indeed cute :))

    xo/Ola
    blogdirtysecret.blogspot.com

    PS: i have giveaway currently running on my blog - join & share :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love love love your top!

    would you like to follow each other?
    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. great look ^^ Your blog is a real inspiration!
    I would be glad to follow each other via GFC and Bloglovin <3

    http://www.dreamloveshop.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your style, your photos! Everythings perfect about you! xx

    http://kimsophi.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool look! Love your hat <3

    I was wondering if we could follow each other. It would be great, just let me know :)

    http://retrostreetstation.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete