boobs

My Photo
stars and planets, thrift and vintage, friends and lovers, insides outsides. further musings contemplated on my Instagram: remeez

Follow by Email

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tiger's Nest


 photo P2170413_zps05b1b0c1.jpg  photo Untitled-2_zpse07c360d.jpg  photo P2170371_zpsac8ebbfa.jpg  photo Untitled-3_zpsa2b06d55.jpg  photo Untitled-1_zpsb3f0b7ec.jpg  photo P2170429_zps01384ad9.jpg  photo Untitled-4_zps1c12758d.jpg  photo P2170416-1_zps145d4d8f.jpg  photo Untitled-5_zpsa93ad0fb.jpg  photo P2170448_zps85cf0706.jpg

Head to toe: The Library.  Vintage dress by Laise Adzer, Marc Jacobs coat, boots by Moma, leather artisan bag that Shaye got in Mexico, random jewelry (I wish I knew the story on the horn pendant). The headband is a necklace that happened to fit my head.


I was just perusing the selection at The Library, looking for something that jumped out at me. First I came across the dress, and I was like, WTF?  What is this mix of 80's graphic print, Indian tunic, and water colors?  Note the flowing piece that drapes over the left shoulder: amazing. Then I found the coat-- partly because I love it-- but also because it's fucking freezing in LA, and I was walking around on hardwood floors in risk of hypothermia. When I  put the two on together, I got this idea of a warrior princess, a Himalayan Queen who sits around eating curried fish brought from the Arabian Sea by armies of male servants, staining her lips with wild berries and ox blood, and demurely ordering assassinations and coups as she snuggles between two guardian bengal tigers.  BITCH IS HARDCORE.  So that was my inspiration, and then I read the legend of the Tiger's Nest, of Paro Taktsang, and of the winged tigress from Khenpaijong, and everything fell into place.

HUGE thank you to Brad Andalman for taking these pictures in a cramped space at a late hour, and foregoing a massage in order to do it. LA is a nicer place when you're in it. Additional thank yous to Shaye La for lending her collection for me to play with, and to Lauren Green for helping me carry that crazy light down all those stairs and then all the way back up them. Yous are nice. One last show of gratitude to the Best of Bollywood album that someone kept playing on the record player all night-- Bollywood album, you are the best.

13 comments:

  1. that dress is beyond amazing and so are these shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great piece, Rem! Love the vibe. Hurrah for warrior princesses! What's that gemstone you are holding in your hand in one of those shots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mama! This is why we're friends. Of course you notice the magical power crystal. I wish I knew anything more about it, other than it being a magical power crystal. We kept trying to get crystals in the shot, but it was too hard. I just wanted a backdrop of pure crystal magical goodness... aka metaphor for our friendship. xo

      Delete
  3. hi there, i'm really enjyoing your style & your photos :) you have a new follower!

    xo/Ola
    blogdirtysecret.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah! You are talkin' my language! This is a beautiful bohemian shot and you look so gorgeous without (or very little) makeup!!!! Stunning pieces and I, too, would love to know the history of that horn~it is so ancient looking. J'adore, babe!

    (='.'=)
    -Lauren at adorn la femme

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing necklace and your photographer did a great job with the photos too! Gotta love someone who can work with what they've got in terms of space and lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous and luxe. When you bore of it, I will gladly take everything off of your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so amazing and beautiful (L)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just bumped into your blog and after scrolling through your posts, I must say I really like it :) How about we follow each other on Bloglovin and Facebook? :)
    Kisses from Zurich,
    K.

    http://beneaththecoat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete